IT Desktop Support Specialist
USA - FL - Orlando Region
Client company needs an experience IT Desktop Support Specialist who can provide design, installation,
maintenance and support service for the entire enterprise network. The successful candidate will work with our
network management team to discuss the need for network changes. The IT Desktop Support Specialist will also
be required to work closely with users to resolve network issues and make recommendations on incorporating new
technology into the company’s existing platforms. If you have previous experience in an IT position, please apply
This section outlines essential and most frequent job duties. Other duties may be assigned. Individuals must be
able to perform all essential functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
Job Duty % Time
- Identify, log and resolve technical problems with software applications or network systems - 50%
- Work within an issue tracking system to monitor network trouble tickets submitted by users and record progress and resolution details - 10%
- Build and install PCs, VoIP phone systems, wireless networks and peripheral devices (such as printers, scanners, mobile/smart phones) related to desktop infrastructure, in accordance with department standards - 25%
- Maintain installed PCs, networks, VoIP phone systems and peripherals with routine maintenance -10%
- Other IT related duties as assigned - 5%
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to serve Multi-department employees / network users to understand and resolve network related issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or similar field desired
- MCDST certification desired
- 5+ years’ desktop engineering experience desired
- Demonstrated ability in desktop and systems design required
- Proven ability to offer high level desktop support in an enterprise environment required
Successful candidate must demonstrate successful past experience or strong aptitude in the following:
- Adaptability: Responds effectively to changing constraints; Adapts own behavior to suit the situation; Seeks to understand the causes of change and resulting improvements.
- Attention to Detail: Able to “zoom in” to detail quickly and accurately; Checks for information and picks up on discrepancies/mistakes; Makes detailed comparisons between similar sources.
- Reliability: Responds effectively to clear direction and follows set procedures; Solves immediate problems, escalating where appropriate; Adheres to Attendance & Punctuality guidelines.
- Results Orientation: Able to focus on important issues; Regularly refocuses on results; Demonstrates a drive to exceed performance targets
- Systematic Thinking: Makes effective use of organizational systems and processes; Takes an organized approach to thinking through issues; Applies learning to new situations.
- Task Management: Prioritizes tasks and monitors progress; Makes realistic estimates of time and resource requirements; Sees individual tasks through to completion.
This section indicates routine activities associated with this job. Modifications to these activities will be considered
for otherwise qualified individuals who are unable to perform these activities.
Activity % of Time Comments
Lifting 40% Up to 50 lbs
Pushing 25% Up to 50 lbs
Pulling 25% Up to 50 lbs
Carrying 40% Up to 10 lbs from building to building, as needed
Reaching 100% For packages, materials, etc.
Fine Manipulation Yes
Public Speaking 0%
Extreme Heat No
Extreme Cold No
Noise Level Moderate
This role will require a clean criminal record and background check.
If you meet these qualifications, and remain interested, please complete a FULL profile here as soon as possible. Job Reference is 8041101. Someone will be in touch shortly to discuss your portfolio and the possible fit.
If you have problems with the application, please contact me directly at MikeC@LXICo.com or 720-271-1663.