Principal Java Engineer - CA - Bay Area
Our client company provides enterprise consumer marketers the power to integrate customer data across digital, physical, and mobile channels, deliver customer analytics with predictive insights and 360-degree profiles, and engage customers at every touch point in order to maximize lifetime value. Currently, they support more than 150 brands worldwide. They leverage the latest technologies in big data, machine learning and data quality management to deliver an enterprise-grade, scalable and high performance tool for customers such as Tumi, Lululemon, Lilly Pulitzer and David’s Tea.
They have asked us to help with their search for a detail-oriented and senior level java engineer to take hands-on technical ownership of various engineering projects and make significant contributions to the company platform. Be ready to hit the ground running with your strong technical skills, creative and critical thinking, and passion for fast-paced problem solving. The Engineering team is a top notch crew of software engineers who are passionate about data. They are looking for someone who loves data and delivering optimal technical outcomes.
What you will do as a Principal Java Engineer with this company…
- Design and develop high quality server side code (API and microservices)
- Perform code reviews
- Contribute to technical architecture of the company code base
- Mentor and collaborate with other team members
- Collaborate across the other disciplines in the organization (professional services, sales consultants, product management, executive management)
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
- 5+ years of JAVA software development experience
- Experience with Agile (eg Scrum) and test driven development
- Expertise in Data Structures, Algorithms and Concurrency
- Experience building Microservices and APIs
- Strong SQL expertise
- Experience with Relational Databases (e.g. Oracle, MySQL) and/or NoSQL databases (eg HBase, MongoDB)Hands-on experience with Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, ElasticSearch
- Experience with big data analytics or real time analytics solutions
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience with Cloudera Impala, Hive, Hibernate
- Experience with Amazon Web Service (EC2, S3) or Google Cloud
- A fun environment to work hard and play harder with passionate people building great products!
In exchange for your undivided loyalty and dedication to helping with their pursuits, Company is offering
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits
- Catered lunches, snacks and beverages
Location: USA - California - Bay Area
This role will require a clean criminal record and background check.
If you meet these qualifications, and remain interested, We'd like to hear from you. Please complete a FULL profile here as soon as possible. Job Reference is 8043001. Someone will be in touch shortly to discuss your portfolio and the possible fit.
If you have problems with the application, please contact me directly at MikeC@LXICo.com or 720-271-1663.