Full Stack Engineer
USA - CA - Woodland Hills
Our client has engaged us to help with a search for a detail-oriented and senior level full-stack web engineer (Java) to lead a Scrum team in the development of the next generation of our customer web experience. As the leader of a Scrum team, the engineer in this role will still be hands-on coding part of the time, but will also be responsible for their team's delivery, growth, and processes throughout the SDLC. They will work closely with other lead engineers within their application team as well as across other applications and systems.
The employer is one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses.
In this role you will;
- Play a central role in creating a world-class digital offering and supporting the overall customer experience
- Live and breathe our coding culture around thoroughly tested, high-quality code and peer code review
- Identify ways to improve design, development and testing workflows
- Review business requirements/functional specifications and provide guidance on proposed technology solutions, including integrated systems
- Support continuous improvement of our integration and deployment pipelines
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels
- Ensure adherence to architecture standards, risk management and security standards
- Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
- Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience
- 6+ years of professional development experience, with at least 3 years in a lead role
- 6 years of Java REST Framework programming, preferably Spring or Spring Boot
- 4 years experience with Git or similar version control
- 3 years experience in a mature Agile environment
- Strong technical leadership and communication skills
- Web application performance analysis and tuning
- Deep understanding of data design and systems integration
- SDLC experience in planning, developing, testing, and deployment
- Expertise in version control using Git, GitHub
- Facility with modern build automation tools, e.g. Jenkins
- Expertise in cloud development and infrastructure management
Extra Points for experience with:
- Salesforce platform (Force.com, VisualForce)
- Leading, Managing, or mentoring development teams
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
- 5+ to 7 years experience
- Seniority Level - Mid-Senior
- Management Experience Required - No
- Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
- Willingness to Travel - Not Applicable
This role will require a clean criminal record and background check.
If you meet these qualifications, and remain interested, We'd like to hear from you. Please complete a FULL profile here as soon as possible. Job Reference is 18071201. Someone will be in touch shortly to discuss your portfolio and the possible fit.
If you have problems with the application, please contact me directly at MikeC@LXICo.com or 720-271-1663.