Mike Christian Resume
- Staffing executive with over 10 years successful recruiting and management experience in high-volume agency, corporate, consulting, and international recruiting environments.
- Areas of specialty include executive search, computer technology and engineering.
- US citizen with home offices in Colorado, and Texas. Available for travel worldwide and capable of relocation as assignments require.
- Areas of specialty include identifying and recruiting candidates in leadership and computer science through competitive poaching, savvy use of internet resources, job fairs, conferences, professional and social networking, and through client / applicant referrals.
- Recruited talent for a variety of Fortune 500 and government clients including Oppenheimer Funds, Galileo International, IBM, Cisco, Sun, NASA, Raytheon, Sarnoff, Lucent, AT&T, MCI, Amazon, Accenture, and Google.
- Working knowledge of employee and labor relations, including talent management, worker’s compensation, unemployment insurance, benefits administration, payroll, job description development and compensation analysis.
- Experience with federal, state, and international regulations including ADA, EEO, FMLA and OFCCP compliance.
- Recruited and hired professionals in the following areas; PC Support, Network Administration, Project Management (PMI), Programming, C, C#, and C++, COBOL, IDMS, DB2, CICS, VSAM, ASP.net AS400 RPG, Visual Basic, SQL, Lotus, Sybase, TCP/IP, VOIP, LAN/WAN Engineering, Embedded Software, Business Analysis, Year 2000 remediation, SAP, AS 400, RPG, System Testing, Process Improvement, Java, Oracle, SAS and Database development. Other areas of relevant recruiting activity include CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert), CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate), CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional), Telephony Engineers, NOC Specialists, 5ESS Specialists, SAP, Artificial Intelligence, Data warehousing, Logistics, RFID, WMS, TMS, Supply Chain Management, Procurement, CATIA / Enovia, Manhattan, GLOG, I2, sales, C4ISR, DODAF, I18N, G11N, L10N, Operational Excellence, Six Sigma, ISO, and executive management
- Experience building and managing teams up to 30 while maintaining personal consulting portfolio and hands on workload.
Director, LXI, Denver, CO (1999 to present)
- Established and manage holding company for companies in staffing/recruiting, real estate & commercial photography.
- Contract Senior Technical Recruiter to Cisco Systems, Sun Microsystems, Accenture, GHCX, and Amazon.com
- Contract Recruiting Program Manager to IBM – Denver, CO
- Responsible for all national recruitment activities and headed staffing efforts for Business Consulting Services Supply Chain Management – Industrial and Distribution sectors – groups include -procurement, product lifecycle management, supply chain strategy, logistics, operations, chemical / petroleum, aerospace / defense, and planning.
- Managed campus (university hiring) and professional recruiting programs, events and interview days.
- Worked with executive management to develop and support university hiring strategy.
- Negotiated job offers with candidates (consultant to associate partner) in high volume arena (salary ranges $40,000 to $250,000 +).
- Successfully navigated an undefined process for International candidate related to an “L” visa transfer.
- Managed recruiting database (Lotus Notes) for candidates in play.
- Recruit engineering, sales and management candidates and submit to corporate managers for permanent positions.
- Developed and successfully used applicant tracking system for candidate pipeline management.
- Developed system for attracting, screening and corresponding with talent.
- Managed software development projects from start to finish.
- Developed pipeline of applicants from ground zero and made first placement within 7 days of starting (Cisco).
- Performed target-recruiting raids and sourcing efforts at competitive companies to clients.
- Designed, managed, and maintained custom applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Designed, developed, and maintained corporate online presence (using various applications such as WordPress, Frontpage).
- Performed development and recruiting services in both on-site and home office capacities.
- Achieved successful negotiations with talent in areas of Engineering, Information Technology, Security, Sales, and Management, Executive VP, and Director level executives.
- Established, managed and maintained successful vendor, client, and applicant relationships and activities.
- Floating Specialist for national recruitment activities and staffing efforts for Program Management, Technical Professionals, Computer Programming, Operational Excellence ( Six Sigma ) and Digital Media.
- Advised client managers on hiring strategy and salary issues related to new hires.
- Used various computer programs and Internet including Taleo, MRT, PeopleSoft, and Microsoft applications.
- Prepared, initiated, documented, extended, and negotiated offers with candidates in high volume arena.
Senior Recruiter / Global Staffing Manager, AGT, New York City, NY (09/08 – 01/09)
- Implemented international recruiting strategies and managed full cycle recruiting process to successfully source and hire industry talent for USA and international offices.
- Led global staffing effort for parent company, one USA affiliate, and served as international recruiter for two sister firms.
- Represented three companies as a director of global staffing.
- Advised organizational leaders on immigration, regulatory, compliance, hiring, best practices, compliance issues, and procedure.
- Managed recruiting team.
- Coached partner and parent company associates in Switzerland, Abu Dhabi, and Israel on joint staffing efforts.
- Served as lead TALEO administrator and HRIS design engineer for all companies (100+ users).
- Managed hiring of computer scientists, homeland security experts, and management candidates for roles located internationally and state side.
Senior Recruiter EMEA, Google, Zurich, Switzerland (12/06 – 05/08)
- Represented Google as a full lifecycle recruiter hiring computer scientists, Internationalization experts, and management candidates for Zurich, Switzerland and other European cities (EMEA).
- Conducted cradle to grave processing of International software engineering candidates. Control and own candidate experience from prospect to start date.
- Assisted international candidates with eligibility requirements, relocation, and administrative procedures related to successful hiring.
- Chaired highest volume International hiring committee of 5-10 decision makers, executive engineers and recruiters.
- Prepared, initiated, documented, extended, and negotiated offers with candidates throughout the world.
Account Executive, Systems Engineering Services Corp., Denver, CO (1999 to 2000)
- Recruited for requirements I brought to table.
- Screened, interviewed, and prepared applicants for my requirements.
Consulting Services Manager, Source Consulting / ROMAC International Denver, CO (1997 to 1999)
- Recruited contractors and full-time IT professionals for Fortune 500 companies in the Colorado market.
- Recruited, hired, & managed over thirty IT professionals to full time employment, contract & sub-contract roles.
- Established, and maintained both consultant and client relationships.
- Educated prospective and current employees on all company benefits. Designed, developed and maintained a website which generated 2-3 leads / day for positions I needed to fill.
- Recruited, managed and directed the careers of a high profit high performance IT consulting team.
- Conducted performance reviews for consulting staff and negotiated compensation packages with employees.
- Developed a highly profitable consulting practice by generating sales leads, closing business with hiring managers, networking, and cold-calling for both recruiting and sales purposes.
- Developed third highest revenue producing account within only 6 months.
Consulting Services Manager / Recruiter, IMI Systems Denver, CO (1997 to 1997)
- Recruited for contract and full time positions at IBM and MCI. Recruited, interviewed, hired, and managed IT professionals in full time employment, contract and sub-contract roles.
- Offered ideas that were implemented by development staff on Lotus Notes candidate-tracking system.
- Created tracking systems (MS Access) to automate tasks, prioritize recruiting activities and generate reports.
- Performed HR functions for staff including interviewing, administering technical evaluations, conducting reference checks, completing salary negotiations, hiring, benefits, status reports, periodic reviews, and terminations.
B.S., Business / Communications Fort Hays State University, Hays, KS, 1992
Dale Carnegie Public Speaking & Sales Courses.
Course Completions, Enthusiasm Award, Continuous Performance Award, Goal in Life Award, Sales Talk Championship Finalist.
SEMCO Computer Training.
IMI Technical Recruiter Training.
Eagle Sales Training (macro and micro level sales).
Total Responsibility Sales Training.
President Elect 2008-2009
Highlands Ranch Community Association
District Delegate 1996 – 1998.
Incorporation Feasibility Committee 1996.
Recreation Advisory Committee 1996.
PA 20 Landscape Maintenance Association
Board of Directors 1995-1998.
Negotiated with Community Association to assume annual billing functions.
Led effort to identify, establish budget, and organize plans to make subassociation self-sufficient.